Translate

laugardagur, 21. september 2013

The Wait

I sit here all alone waiting for a call.
I drank a lot of Jack last night
but that don't matter at all.
I'd like another cigarette,
I gave my last one away.
So if my call will come in time,
could I speak with Dylan, O.K.?
Now away I flow, and like Bobby said:
“One more cup of coffee before I go”.
My gun I reload, and like Bobby said:
“One more cup of coffee before the road”.
If my call doesn't come on through,
or if the operator says “no”,
could you come down to the coffee-shop
quickly and please let me know?
Because if I will not know in time
I could wait for many years,
hoping for that one phone call
to hear Dylans voice in my ear.
Now deeper I go, and like Bobby said:
“One more cup of coffee for the road”.
My gun I reload, and like Bobby said:
“One more cup of coffee before I go - to the valley below”.

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli